Friday, August 13, 2010

Fantasy Football Food :)

This is the fantasy football draft weekend, and I figured I would be a good wife and make some food for them. So bright and early this morning I was in my little galley kitchen chopping, mixing and baking. 
I made a yummy recipe that I received from Alli, my new cousin's girlfriend. It's a buffalo chicken dip. I've made it several times before and it is always a crowd pleaser. 

While that was in the oven I made a blueberry cake. This is a family recipe from Zachary's mom side. It is so yummy especially when made with wild Maine blueberries.  It is one of my favorite cakes now  and one that will always be special to Zachary and I as it was also our wedding cake! 

~ Happy Cooking and Bon Appetite! 

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Ingredients:

2 cans canned chicken (sm. or lg. depending upon how chunky you want it) *
½ c. Ranch dressing
½ c. crumbled blue cheese
½ c. Frank’s hot sauce
1 stick cream cheese

Directions:

Mix all together and bake at 375 for about 25 minutes or until bubbly. Stir halfway.

Ø  Can also use 2-3 cups chopped cooked chicken





Blueberry Boy Bait Cake

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
2/3 cup shortening
1 ½ cups flour
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 ½ cups blueberries
1Tbls. Cinnamon

Directions:

Cream: 1 cup sugar
            2/3 cup shortening
            Add 1 ½ cups flour

Set Aside-3/4 cup of mixture for topping

Combine remaining mixture with:
            2 egg yolks
            1 cup milk
            1 tsp salt
            2 tsp baking soda

Beat until stiff:
            2 egg whites

Fold stiff egg white into batter.
Fold in 1 ½ cups blueberries that have been lightly dusted with flour.
(Excess flour removed with sifting in a sieve)
Pour into greased and flour 13x9 pan.

Add 1Tbls. Cinnamon to reserved topping. Stir to combine.
Sprinkle cinnamon topping over cake.

Bake at 350 degrees for @40min.




No comments:

Post a Comment